Friday 21st of August 2026 Sahafi.jo | Ammanxchange.com
  • Last Update
    21-Aug-2026

Labour Ministry urges employers to regularise undocumented workers by September 30

 

The Jordan Times

 

AMMAN — The Ministry of Labour on Thursday called on employers across all sectors and economic activities, as well as household owners, to regularise the status of undocumented non-Jordanian workers employed by them, including domestic workers, before September 30, 2026.
 
Ministry Spokesperson Mohammad Zeyoud said that the grace period for legalising and regularising the status of undocumented non-Jordanian workers, approved by the Cabinet, began in June and will expire on September 30, Al Mamlakak TV reported.
 
He said that the ministry has issued and renewed around 64,000 work permits for non-Jordanian workers since June, while around 2,400 workers have left the Kingdom permanently.
 
Al Zeyoud explained that the extended regularisation period was intended to give employers, household owners and non-Jordanian workers sufficient time to regularise their status in accordance with the Labour Law and Residence and Foreigners Affairs Law, as well as settle outstanding work permit fees from previous years.
 
Under the Cabinet decision, non-Jordanian workers wishing to remain in Jordan are eligible for a 50 per cent reduction in work permit fees for each previous year, in addition to a full waiver of fines owed to the Ministry of Labour and Ministry of Interior.
 
Workers opting to leave the Kingdom permanently are eligible for full exemptions from all outstanding fees and fines, he added.
 
Zeyoud stressed that the decision applies to all sectors and nationalities without exception, including domestic workers, and aims to regulate the labour market while allowing undocumented workers to work legally in their chosen sectors.
 
He said that the ministry has intensified inspection campaigns across sectors and governorates since last week to identify undocumented workers who have not benefited from the regularisation period, with a number of workers already identified and decisions taken to deport them.
 
Zeyoud stressed that there will be no extension of the decision or changes to the financial exemptions, adding that the measure will expire on September 30.
 
As of October 1, 2026, any undocumented non-Jordanian worker who has not regularised their status will be marked for deportation in the ministry’s electronic systems, including domestic workers.
 
He urged employers in the industrial, commercial, agricultural and tourism sectors, as well as household owners, to take advantage of the remaining period and the financial exemptions available under the decision.
 
Labour directorates and offices remain open to receive applicants, while work permit renewal services are also available through the ministry’s electronic systems.
 
Zeyoud said the decision seeks to regulate the labour market, ease the financial burden on employers, ensure that non-Jordanian workers are employed legally and protect them from exploitation and violations of the law.
 

Latest News

 

Most Read Articles